How to change backgrounds
This is easily done, as follows.
- Click on your STAGE button.
- Select the BACKGROUND tab.
- Press IMPORT. You will get a selection of backgrounds. Pick the one you want and press OK.
- You can of course look on the web for further backgrounds and save them so that you can import them using the above method.
- You can take a picture with your own camera - if is connected to your computer, Scratch will detect it and the image will be immediately available.
Further support materials
You can download a booklet in PDF format (needs Adobe or equivalent) which will give further hints and set some nice challenges. Please note: this is in booklet format, ready to be printed out back-to-back on four double-sided pages.
Scratch is like most things in IT - easier to do than to say how to do, so you can also download further Scratch files to give you more ideas about changing backgrounds as part of the story.
- Download a Scratch Guide Booklet in PDF
- Download Scratch file: change backgrounds
- Download Scratch file: characters and speech
- Download Scratch file: New York file with changing background
- Go to the next section