Creating a Sprite for your Story
This is the gist of how to create sprites - you can download an illustrated guide in PDF format (requires Adobe or equivalent). You can also download a scratch file (New York Walk) to experiment with.
How to draw my own sprite
- Open Scratch
- Select the Paint New Sprite tool
- Use the painting tools to create your object or character
How to create a Sprite using an image from the internet
- Open your internet browser and visit Google Images at www.google.co.uk/imghp
- Type the name of the object or character you are searching for e.g. Santa, or dog, and click Search
- Use the Advanced Image Search (found under preferences in Internet Explorer) and set the file type you are searching for to GIF. Complete an advanced search once this is done.
- Find an image you like and click on it. Now right click the image and select Save Picture As.
- Save this image to your Personal Drive in your Literacy from Scratch folder.
- Now open Scratch and select the Choose New Sprite from File option.
- Find your image from your Literacy from Scratch folder. Select it and click Ok
- The image should now appear in the Sprite Library area and can be dragged onto your stage
- Download this guide with illustrations in PDF
- Download New York Walk Scratch file
- Download background image used in the New York Walk
- Go to the next section