Routledge (text book)
Introducing Computing: a guide for teachers
From August 2014, a companion Routledge text book supporting the introduction of Computing in schools at KS1, KS2, and KS3 will be available. It is edited by Lawrence Williams, who devised and teaches Literacy from Scratch at several universities in and around London. Written by a talented cross-disciplinary group of highly experienced colleagues (in ICT and CS) from MirandaNet, Naace, CAS, and fellow ITE course tutors, it deals with the wider picture of Computing.
- redefining the future of ICT in schools;
- the philosophy and pedagogy underpinning the new Computing curriculum;
- how to develop Literacy from Scratch, especially important at Primary school level;
- networks (necessary for KS2 teachers);
- and a rationale for teaching gaming and Computing.
Details are available from the Routledge website: